Saturday, August 4, 2007

and what if they don't like us after they get to knows us?

Sure someone may think our family would be an asset to their church, but what if they don't like us after they get to know us? What if they don't accept us as we are? It's hard for me to trust that a church could actually do that.

I try to be kind and I try to smile to let people know I care. But I'm shy. Our whole family tends to be on the shy side. Sometimes people think that shy people are stuck up or think they are better than other people. Sometimes people think that shy people are selfish and think too much about themselves and are sinning by being shy. :( What if people think these things about us?

It seems like some people think, "why not just start putting others first and your shyness will melt away?" If ONLY it were that easy.

Tomorrow we are going to attend a service at the church the vbs was at, and the kids are going to sing some songs they learned there. We are going to try and stay for the picnic afterwards. *biting nails* I pray it goes okay.

No comments: